Butterscotch Pumpkin Spice Cheerio Bars
If you follow along on my Instagram you would have seen my sneak peek story on these yummy Butterscotch Pumpkin Cheerio Bars. I decided to kick-start my Fall baking early and get some recipes in before Thanksgiving weekend! Here we are, now just over a week away. After posting the bars and creating a poll, it came back as a huge success for me to post the recipe on my blog.
Pumpkin spice season is in full effect and we just can’t deny our love for it, no matter how unprepared some of us are to say it’s officially Fall!
Why not give in to the fact that Fall is here, pumpkin spice everything is going nowhere, and just enjoy everything that comes with this simple recipe!
To recreate these treat bars you will want to start off with a box of Pumpkin Spice Cheerios. I wasn’t able to find them in my local grocery store (they either hadn’t hit the shelves yet, sold out, or just weren’t available) I opted for regular Cheerios and pumpkin-spiced them up on my own with Club House Pumpkin Pie Spice (which you will use in your recipe anyway!)
It doesn’t take long at all to whip up a batch of these bars, and the recipes makes almost 25 bars- I was even very generous on the size of bar that I made. The most amount of time spent on this recipe is waiting for them to “chill” in the fridge but the recipe itself is simple, and much like your classic Rice Krispies squares can be made in under 10 minutes! This recipe is so user friendly and requires no actual backing at all (just a microwave!)
You can use any type of chocolate chips that your cravings desire, but I really enjoyed the pairing of the butterscotch and white chocolate drizzle with the pumpkin spice.
You know you can’t resist that ooey-gooey butterscotch goodness!
I added a touch more of pumpkin spice to the treat bar mixture and a dash of cinnamon to the white chocolate drizzle! The second you smell and taste these, you will have all the fall feels, they pack huge flavour!
Overall, this is a recipe that is perfect for Thanksgiving and beyond, and with it being so simple you will want to make them again and again!
So, if you are a fan of pumpkin spice, or have given in to the obsession, make a batch of these for your friends or family who maybe aren’t on that same level as you. You will have them converted and dreaming of pumpkin spice in no time!
- 1 ½ cups of butterscotch chips (approximately 1 small bag)
- ¾ cup of light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 ½ cups of mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 6 cups of Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
-Recipe makes approximately 24 bars
- Spray a 9×13” pan with cooking spray and set aside
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave butterscotch chips, light corn syrup, butter, and mini marshmallows for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir every minute.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice
- Add the Cheerios, mixing them quickly until they fully coated in the butterscotch mix
- Press the completed mixture into your greased pan. Use a spoon or your hands (add some cooking spray so the mix doesn’t stick!)
- In a small bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave. Heat for 30-second stirring in between until smooth. Stir in cinnamon.
- Spread the chocolate over the bars evenly. I put the mix into a small plastic bag and made a small hole to drizzle it over the Cheerios
- Refrigerate your completed bars for an hour or until they are firm. Cut, and serve.
- Store in an airtight container (I found they stay better in the fridge)
Let me know if you give these a try and what you think. HAPPY FALL YA’LL!