Nothing like creating a fair food favourite right from the comfort of your own home!
Follow the easy steps below to make this creation yourself.
What you will need:
1 cup of pancake mix
2/3 cup of milk
1 egg 2 tsps of vegetable oil
1 box of Oreo cookies
Vegetable oil for frying
Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Freeze your Oreo cookies for 1 hour
- Fill a durable pot with 2-3 inches of cooking oil (on medium heat or to about 375°F)
- Wisk pancake mix until smooth
- Dip one cookie at a time in the batter (important step so your cookies don’t get soggy sitting in the mix) coating it well
- Carefully drop your coated cookies in the hot oil flip once until each side is golden brown (it doesn’t take long!)
- Remove cookies from hot oil with tongs (be careful) and place on a paper towel
- Arrange on a platter and dust with confectioner’s sugar
- Best enjoyed warm and maybe with a side of vanilla ice cream!
Who doesn’t love donuts? And who doesn’t love anything mini?
These sweet combination will be an absolute treat whether it’s for a party or just because!
I used the Wilton non-stick 12 cavity donut pan. I picked mine up from Michaels Canada and used a 40% off coupon! I’m always keeping my eye open for really good coupons, and typically every week Michaels has a 40% off one regular-priced item or sometimes even 50%. I wait to buy items such as these until a coupon becomes available!
The batter was really easy to make (I just went on Google and got a simple recipe and did the same for the icing.) I opted for a basic vanilla donut with vanilla icing that I died pink to get the desired effect and used large sprinkles. You can really get creative here and use any sort of flavours or colourings your little heart desires!
I was really pleased with how these turned out and how easy the pan was to use!
These were a huge hit and I keep getting requests to make more! I found that these were more popular compared to if I were to have made full-size donuts, these ones flew off the platter in minutes!
Here are some pictures of the adorable little yummies!