I always seem to have extra bananas lying around that are just waiting to be added to a recipe.
Instead of my usual use of bananas in banana bread I decided to add them to a cake using cake mix from the box (secret’s out!)
This recipe is so simple and you can even use it to whip up a quick bananna bread. It came out so moist and the pecans added a nice crunch.
What you’ll need:
* 1 white cake mix box (follow recipe on box to make a regular cake)
* 2-3 ripe banannas
* 1/2 cup of butter
* half a teaspoon of baking soda
*2 containers of store bough cream cheese frosting. You can make it yourself, but I find this way easier and I’m all about easy baking!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour your cake pans.
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix box. Using an electric mixer, mix in the baking soda and butter.
- Mash banannas
- Chop pecans
- Stir in mashed bananas and chopped pecans
- Top with cream cheese frosting and chopped pecans.
This cake was a huge hit. It was so easy to take a simple boxed cake mix and turn it into another delicious banana recipe!
One thought on “Banana Pecan Cake”
This looks so delicious! I love bananas!