Nothing says Fall or Thanksgiving quite like pumpkin pie! These little sugar cookies pack a huge bite of the pumpkin pie you know and love. The added hint of cream cheese is the icing on top of a perfect pie!
Prep- 40 minutes Total-1 hr 25 Serves-36
• 1 package of Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
• Butter and egg as directed on cookie mix package
- 1 brick of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- Betty Crocker™ cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray (I used mini ones).
- Make the dough as directed on the package.
- Press approximately 1 1/4 inch balls evenly into the bottom of the pan going slightly up the sides. Make a deep enough well so you the pie filling fits inside.
- Mix Pumpkin Filling ingredients in s medium sized bowl with a whisk until smooth.
- Spoon a small amount into the each cookie filled muffin tin and spread evenly.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown and the filling has set.
- Both the cookies and the filling will be soft, let cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
- Very carefully remove and place on a wire rack to cool and harden.
- Using a small plastic bag, add cream cheese frosting and cut a small piece from the tip of the bag. Pipe a small amount onto each pie and sprinkle lightly with pumpkin spice.
*Refrigerate the cookies in a container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
Enjoy your minis, these are the perfect bite size treat to bring to the table for Thanksgiving!